Director of GARR the Italian Research and Education Network
He is currently the Director of GARR the Italian Research and Education Network, Member of the Board of Directors of GEANT the European Research and Education Network and Coordinator of the EOSC-Pillar Project.
His experience in Infrastructures for research dates back to more than 35 years:
- Chairman of the INFN National Computing and Networks Committee (1992-1998)
- Director of INFN-CNAF and project leader of the TIER1 for LHC (1998-2004)
- Coordinator of 5 European Projects in e-Infrastructures (2005-2015)
- Head of the Distributed Computing and Storage Department of GARR starting the GARR-Cloud infrastructure (2013-2014)
- Director of GARR (2015- now)
- He promoted the creation of the Italian Computing and Data Infrastructure (ICDI) a national initiative to coordinate and harmonise the participation to EOSC (2017-Now)
During his career, he have been involved in technical and managerial aspects of research infrastructures and eInfrastructures including funding and long term sustainability.
EOSCsecretariat.eu has received funding from the European Union's Horizon Programme call H2020-INFRAEOSC-05-2018-2019, Grant Agreement number 831644.