The third webinar about the Blue-Cloud demonstrators is scheduled on 4 December 2020 at 11:00 CET. It will focus on Marine Environmental Indicators, the demonstrator developed by the CMCC Foundation, in collaboration with IFREMER, Mercator Ocean International, the Royal Netherlands Meteorological Institute (KNMI), and the University of Bergen.
This demonstrator will develop an online service, bringing together into the same framework the data, the computational resources, and the cloud-based technology, in order to support European and international stakeholders within the Marine Strategy Framework Directive, and for exploiting the Blue Economy. Upon the foreseen development in Blue-Cloud of innovative data management technologies and methodologies, the demonstrator will build a bridge between the science and the environmental agencies, responding to the urgent need of developing innovative flexible capability for both the scientific investigation of climate trends and the monitoring activities.
- 11:00 - Introduction, Blue-Cloud Vision and Mission - Francesca Spagnoli, Trust-IT Services
- 11:05 - Demonstrator prototype and initial marine indicators - Massimiliano Drudi, CMCC Foundation
- 11:15 - The ocean patterns indicator - Andrea Garcia Juan, IFREMER
- 11:25 - Storm Severity Index (SSI) - Jan Willem Noteboom, KNMI
- 11:35 - Benefits and needs of a marine carbon indicator - Benjamin Pfeil, University of Bergen
- 11:45 - Q&A