In the ongoing work to build the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC), several thematic EOSC projects have already begun operating their catalogues. Additionally, since the second half of 2019, some regional EOSC projects have now begun compiling their own national catalogues to link nationally-available services and resources to the EOSC Portal Catalogue. Interoperability between catalogues and the Catalogue requires collaboration with the EOSC Enhance and EOSC Future projects.
To this end, this workshop organised by EOSC-Pillar in collaboration with the other EOSC regional projects and taking place on 5 July 2021 at 10:00-13:00 CEST, aims to bring all the key projects with national or thematic catalogues together with the operators and developers of the EOSC Portal in order to converge all parallel discussions currently ongoing and produce a definitive roadmap of key milestones to ensure that services or resources onboarded in national or thematic catalogues are smoothly included into the EOSC Catalogue and vice versa.
High level goals
- Alignment of activities on catalogue interoperability across different players: national, regional, thematic catalogue operators (projects), and EOSC Future and EOSC Enhance
- Common understanding to achieve the alignment of the technical and organisational aspects of the catalogues
Who should attend
- Projects or initiatives that have catalogues of non-commercial services and resources for integration to EOSC
- International research actors that would like to observe the developments in EOSC
- Those interested in the EOSC-Core and EOSC Exchange topics
- Open science initiatives