We would like to invite you to join the ESCAPE Webinar "ESCAPE OSSR | Enhancing science though sharing software - benefits & use cases", on 17th February 2021, 3PM CET. We will show the ESCAPE OSSR developments and achievements towards a FAIR multi-messenger data-driven cooperative approach. Exemplary benefits of OSSR integration in astro-particle-physics and adjacent scientific fields field will be presented by ESFRI experts (EGO Virgo, SKA, CTA) focusing on cross-community software developments, workflows for scientific re-use of data challenges, and the exploration of scientific data with innovative techniques.
The main benefit of ESCAPE OSSR is a sustainable open-access repository to collect and share scientific software, digital libraries for data analysis, data-sets and, in general, open science products with the scientific community. The repository itself will be enriched with user-support documentation and tutorials, which will be dynamically enhanced by ESCAPE ESFRI projects and accompanied by training activities.
Who should attend?
- Scientists from any scientific field that want to use software and other services to conduct innovative top-level research in their respective fields;
- Professionals from e-infrastructures and research infrastructures, from Europe and beyond, looking forward to developing innovative technologies and increasing international cooperation on global interoperability and access;
- Professionals involved in the EOSC working on ensuring the optimal federation of ESFRI clusters/ RIs with EOSC and interested on latest technical developments on software sharing.
- 7min - Welcome and ESCAPE OSSR developments & achievements to date - Kay Graf, ESCAPE OSSR Team Leader & General Manager at ECAP, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg
- 7min - A FAIR Multi-messenger data-driven cooperative approach - ESCAPE OSSR and EOSC - Enrique Garcia, LAPP
- 10min - Encouraging common software developments (CTA) - Thomas Vuillaume, LAPP
- 10min - Providing workflows for scientific reuse (SKA) - Alex Clarke, SKAO
- 10 min - Exploring scientific data with innovative techniques (EGO Virgo) - Elena Cuoco, EGO
- 10min - Q&A
- 05min - What's next & Closing Remarks - Kay Graf, ESCAPE OSSR Team Leader & General Manager at ECAP, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg