On 15 September 2020, OCRE launched its first research funding call for the adoption of cloud services available through the OCRE IaaS+ framework agreements.
The launch itself is available to watch online. Two subsequent calls for projects are planned to open in February and July 2021 respectively. The deadline for the first call is Monday the 2nd of November 2020. Evaluation results will be communicated to applicants on Monday the 14th of December 2020.
About OCRE Cloud Funding for Research
Under this 1st Cloud funding call, OCRE aims to fund the consumption of infrastructure-cloud services (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, marketplace) by projects which can become clear showcases for the benefits of using cloud services to positively impact research outcomes; projects which:
- Are a part of the European research community.
- Clearly demonstrate how the use of commercial infrastructure cloud services can provide agility in terms of research activities; improve research or enable new research outcomes.
- Provide significant relevance within their research discipline
- Support the FAIR data principles and intend to share their research data with peers.
- Are not currently using these tools extensively.
- Aim to continue usage of commercial infrastructure cloud services in their research.
- Can begin to use the cloud services in early 2021
- Are executed at single institutions
How to Apply
Applications can now be made online. A detailed guide on how best to do so is now available to download. Any questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and OCRE would be happy to assist. Detailed information on the research funding call and what to expect can be found in the launch webinar documents.
Interested in future calls?
Research institutions interested in putting forward projects for OCRE funding can express their interest NOW!