EOSC Governance Symposium 2020
Thank you to all those that joined us during the EOSC Governance Symposium 2020. With 977 stakeholders from 52 countries connecting and following the proceedings, this was by far the largest Symposium yet.
The event, took place over four mornings and analysed the progress of EOSC after two years from its official launch focusing on the added value of EOSC for the European scientific community.
The main objectives of this year Symposium were:
- to show the value of EOSC to research performing organisations and research funders;
- to onboard new members into the EOSC Association;
- to engage the EOSC providers explaining how and why federate the services with the objectives.
Data-driven use cases, success stories, challenges, and lessons learnt from the first two years of EOSC, will be part of the discussion that ties into the creation of Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA) for the EOSC partnership, within the framework of the future Horizon Europe programme. This partnership will shape the programme of this event and will be a key milestone towards the launch of the second phase of EOSC.
The EOSC Executive Board is proud to present the draft Version 0.8 of the Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA) for EOSC. The SRIA builds upon the outputs of the EOSC Executive Board Working Groups and the results from the Open Consultation on the EOSC SRIA. The SRIA indicates a roadmap for realising EOSC and will support the European Commission in developing the next work programme Horizon Europe (2021-2027).
Feedback from the EOSC Symposium 2020 will be used in the process of further building the SRIA. The first full Version 1.0 of the SRIA is expected to be published by the EOSC Association in January 2020 and will be annexed to the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the EOSC Association and European Union for the EOSC European Partnership.
- Six Recommendations for Implementation of FAIR Practice - official publication
- A Persistent Identifier (PID) policy for the European Open Science Cloud - official publication
- Landscape of EOSC-related Infrastructures and Initiatives - official publication
- FAIR Metrics for EOSC - 2nd Draft out for comments
- Solutions for a Sustainable EOSC - Ironlady Draft (log in to the EOSC Liaison Platform to view)
- PID Architecture for the EOSC - Draft for consultation
- EOSC AAI Architecture - Draft for consultation
- Scholarly Infrastructures for Research Software - Draft for consultation
- EOSC Rules of Participation - Draft 0.5