The EOSC fosters open science by providing a trusted and open virtual environment for the scientific community, with seamless access to services addressing the whole research data life cycle. The EOSC will be built on a community-driven approach, and integrating stakeholders is key in this process. Do you have an idea that will help co-create the EOSC? Take the chance to get funding for your activity!
- Co-creation Requests Criteria
EOSCSecretariat.eu retains a high degree of flexibility in its roll-out plan by adopting a co-creation approach and providing budget for all upcoming, foreseen and unforeseen, activities and actions related to the work of the EOSC Secretariat to support the EOSC Governance.
The project adopts an optimal implementation in terms of coordinating approach, line-up of partners and allocation of budget for co-creation. It is also characterised by being neutral towards the community it is serving and by having a pragmatic approach that is fully dedicated to realising the outcomes of the EOSC design.
- What kinds of activities may be requested for the co-creation activities?
Activities and actions which are related to the work of the EOSC Secretariat to support the EOSC Governance (EOSC Executive Board, Governance Board, Stakeholder Forum), specifically within the context of the activities of the Working Groups of the Executive Board, which are:
- Engaging with Stakeholders/ Coordination (initiatives)
- Support services for the Working Groups (WGs)
- Analysis and studies to support EOSC in practice
- Support services - EOSC Board and Executive Board
- Communication, Dissemination, Stakeholder forum/events
- Who can apply for co-creation activities?
- Individuals or natural persons and legal entities residing in the Member States of the European Union (EU), including their outermost regions and the associated countries (AC);
- Applicants who are not receiving support from other instruments (EU or national Research Infrastructure projects) for the proposed activities, and are not being funded from other sources for an identical activity.
- What is the application and evaluation criteria?
The proposed requests will have to clearly demonstrate:
- Eligibility according to H2020 criteria
- Activities and actions which are related to the work of the EOSC Secretariat to support the EOSC Governance, in particular the activities of the Executive Board Working Groups, the Governance Board Sub Groups and the Stakeholder Forum
- Clearly identify the added value to existing EOSC activities
- Quantified benefits for the EOSC/KPIs and the corresponding outcome
- Which costs are eligible?
In order to be eligible, actual costs must be:
- Actually incurred by the beneficiary, i.e.: Real and not estimated, budgeted or imputed and; Definitively and genuinely borne by the beneficiary (not by any other entity)
- Incurred for and/or during the action duration. The ‘action duration’ is the period running from the action starting date to the end date of the action and may not go beyond the duration of EOSCSecretariat.eu project being 30th June 2021.
- Entered as eligible costs in the request form. The eligible costs cannot include costs that did not appear in the estimated budget.
- Connected to the action (i.e. necessary to achieve the action’s objectives)
- Identifiable and verifiable (i.e. come directly from the beneficiary’s accounts (be directly reconcilable with them) and supported by documentation). The beneficiaries must be able to show the actual costs, i.e. what was actually paid for the work
- Reasonable, justified and must comply with the principles of sound financial management, in particular regarding economy and efficiency. ‘Economy’ means minimizing the costs of resources used for an activity (input), while maximizing quality; ‘efficiency’ is the relationship between outputs and the resources used to produce them.
- Accommodation and travel policies for requests
To submit proposals related to the realization of the study, a co-creation activity/project and/or participate in an open call, you must use this cost parameter related to travel and accommodation.
- 1-night stay per person up to €650;
- 2-nights stay per person up to €850;
- 3-nights stay per person up to €1050, etc.
- How the funding will need to be justified, and how is it going to be distributed?
Depending on the sum payments foreseen, an initial and final payment (upon reporting /proof of delivery).
- Process of the request
Applications will be evaluated every month and we will notify you after approximately 30-45 days.
All financial applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis and on market expectations, so we recommend the applicants provide a transparent and objective analysis of the financial provisioning required. Those applications that clearly respond to how it can pragmatically contribute to EOSC indicating clear benefits/KPIs are encouraged. All applications will be carefully monitored, motivated and justified for project internal, auditing purposes.
- Deadline to submit proposals