The EOSC can really make a difference
The EOSC represents a key aspect of the EU Digital Single Market in terms of increasing digitization in society and putting Europe’s digital assets at the disposal of scientists in order to address the societal challenges that Europe faces. The EOSC represents a unique opportunity for Europe to ensure services and data for scientists are of a high quality.
The Symposium's second plenary session on Tuesday 26 November will be fully dedicated to EOSC use cases that address societal challenges. If you have addressed or are planning to address a societal challenge using services and resources provided by European research infrastructures and/or e-infrastructures, then this is your call.
European Commission’s Societal Challenges:
- Health, demographic change and wellbeing;
- Food security, sustainable agriculture and forestry, marine and maritime and inland water research, and the Bioeconomy;
- Secure, clean and efficient energy;
- Smart, green and integrated transport;
- Climate action, environment, resource efficiency and raw materials;
- Europe in a changing world - inclusive, innovative and reflective societies;
- Secure societies - protecting freedom and security of Europe and its citizens.
Deadline for applications: 18:00 CEST, 18th October
Submissions for this form are now closed