GOING GLOBAL - Connecting the clouds - A document produced by SCIENCE BUSINESS on global developments.
In the context of international initiatives, we have already provided several blog posts on Open Science developments in US, Asia and Africa. This report, produced by SCIENCE BUSINESS and written by David Pringle delivers a very good and well written inside perspective on the global developments. Most of the findings are in line with earlier posts and observations as recorded in the “EOSC observatory”. The report offers excellent insights for everyone that is interested in the EOSC; please find its main conclusions below.
- Interoperability is vital for the success of Open Science Clouds.
- Connect the Regional Open Science Initiatives – seek convergence.
- Where possible benefit from regional strengths.
- Stimulate reciprocity when datasets are visited and/or shared.
- Protect data quality – include sensitivity and security aspects of data.
- Create consensus on ...