The Executive Board of the EOSC is a body of representatives from the research and e-infrastructures communities, appointed by the European Commission.
The Executive Board is chaired by Karel Luyben (European Association of Universities of Technology – CESAER) and Cathrin Stöver (GÉANT). All Executive Board members are appointed in a personal capacity and represent pan-European organisations of relevant for the EOSC implementation, for example large pan-European research infrastructures, eInfrastructures, public research organisations, universities, public research funding organisations and industry organisations.
Minutes from all the EOSC Executive Board meetings can be found here.
Please find the main EOSC Executive Board Outputs at this link.
- Provide advice and support on the strategy, implementation, monitoring and reporting on the progress of the implementation of the EOSC as set out in the Staff Working Document on the Implementation Roadmap (SIP) for the EOSC, notably in the form of:
- a strategic implementation plan and annual work plans, and of a proposed mechanism for overseeing and steering the implementation of the strategic and annual work plans, and for monitoring and reporting on progress;
- rules for participation to guide service provision and an action plan for scientific data interoperability to operationalise the FAIR principles.
- Provide recommendations on the appropriate mechanisms and possible forms for the EOSC governance after 2020 including business models and modes of financing, and on how the user base of the EOSC could be extended to the public sector and the industry.
The Executive Board is supported by EOSC Secretariat, a project set up to provide an operational framework for the EOSC.
EOSC Executive Board Final Progress Report
The European Open Science Cloud (EOSC) Executive Board Final progress report document contains a summary of the work delivered by the Executive Board against its remit. The purpose of the EOSC Executive Board was to oversee the EOSC implementation, provide advice on the way forward and on the implementation of the strategic and funding orientations and assist with the transition beyond 2020.
The EOSC Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda - VERSION 0.9
The SRIA builds upon the outputs of the EOSC Executive Board Working Groups and the results from the Open Consultation on the EOSC SRIA. The SRIA indicates a roadmap for realising EOSC and will support the European Commission in developing the next work programme Horizon Europe (2021-2027). The first full Version 1.0 of the SRIA is expected to be published by the EOSC Association in January 2021 and will be annexed to the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the EOSC Association and European Union for the EOSC European Partnership.
The EOSC Strategic Implementation Plan
The Strategic Implementation Plan (SIP) is the first key outputs of the EOSC Executive Board. The plan provides information on:
- The timeline of practical outputs that are key to the development of an EOSC minimum viable platform
- 5 priority areas in EOSC that were identified and have become the target areas of the first Executive Board Working Groups
- Background and foundational information that led to the development of this roadmap
The EOSC Workplan
This first version of the EOSC Work Plan outlines the key outputs which will be delivered in this first phase of implementation. This includes:
- A first iteration of activities which will be handed over to a new governance structure at the end of 2020
- The timelines, methods for delivery and key inputs running from mid-2019 until the end of 2020
- Activities including the most recently approved Horizon 2020 projects
Want to be the first to know about the latest updates in EOSC Governance?
Join the EOSC Secretariat network now!