EOSC Working Groups form an official part of the EOSC Governance structure that will ensure a community-sourced approach to the current challenges of the EOSC.
The EOSC Secretariat advises on the processes, assists on the operation and supports the coordination of the Working Groups, through a dedicated Work Package, pooling the best expertise available in the community and delivering synthetical reports on all relevant issues requiring a decision, as requested by the Executive Board.
Following the establishment of the EOSC Executive Board, these Working Groups were set up with support from the EOSC Secretariat for 2019-20:
- Landscape: Mapping of the existing research infrastructures which are candidates to be part of the EOSC federation;
- FAIR: Implementing the FAIR data principles by defining the corresponding requirements for the development of EOSC services, in order to foster cross-disciplinary interoperability;
- Architecture: Defining the technical framework required to enable and sustain an evolving EOSC federation of systems;
- Rules of participation: Designing the Rules of Participation that shall define the rights, obligations governing EOSC transactions between EOSC users, providers and operators;
- Skills and Training: Providing a framework for a sustainable training infrastructure to support EOSC in all its phases and ensure its uptake;
- Sustainability: Providing a set of recommendations concerning the implementation of an operational, scalable and sustainable EOSC federation after 2020.